Book list from Source-1
Basic Premises: Structure, processess and Behaviour - Mohit Bhattacharya
* Public Administration and Public Affairs -
* Modern Public Administration - Nigro and Nigro
Theories of Organisation:
* Organisation and Management
- D. Guishiain
* Management Thoughts and Thinkers - R. N. Singh
Principles of Organisation:
* Essentials of Management
- Koontz and O'Donnel or Management - Kast and Roseinweigz or -- Principles of Management - Terry and Frankline
* Utilising Human Behaviour - Paul Hersey and Kenneth Blanchard or Organisation Behaviour - Stephen P. Robbing
Structure of Organisation: Same as Principles of Organisation.
Personnel Administration Public Personnel Administration
- 0. Glenn Stahl or A.R. Tyagi.
Financial Administration of India - M.J.K. Thavaraj.
Accountability and Control Same
as Administrative Theory, and Special issue of IIPA on Accountability.
Administrative Reforms - G. E. Caiden or P.R. Dubhasi.
Administrative Law - M.P. Jain or I.P. Massey.
Comparative and Development Administration:Public Administration: A
Comparative Perspectives - Ferrel Headly or Comparative Public Administration - R. K. Arora
Public Policy: Public Policy
making - James F. Anderson or Policy making in Government - K. D. Madan
Evolution of Indian Administration: Administrative
History of India Vol. \, II, III - B.N. Puri
Environmental Setting: An Introduction to the Constitution of India - D.
Political Executive at the Union Level: An Introduction to the Constitution of India - D. D. Basu
of Central Administration: Central Administration - A Awasthi
Centre-State relations: An Introduction to the Constitution
of India - D.D. Basu + Sarkaria Commission report.
Public Services:Personnel Administration - A.R. Tyagi + Administrative
Reforms Commission report.
.Machinery for Planning: Planning Commission - H.K. Paranjape, and Administrative Reforms Commission
report on Planning Commission.
Public Undertakings: Principles and Practice of Public Enterprise Management - Laxmi Narayan
Control of Public Expenditure: Financial Administration - M.J.K.Thavaraj.
Administration of Law and Order: Law and
Order Administration in India - K.K. Sharma
State Administration: J.D. Shukla..
District and local Administration:
District Administration - S.S. Khera + Special issue of IIPA.
Local Administration: Local Administration in India - S.R.
Administration for Welfare - Annual Report of Ministry of Social Welfare.
Issue Areas in Indian Administration
- IGNOU material.
Public Administration - Avasthi & Maheswari
* (Administrative Portion) (Classes
XI & XII) - NCERT
* Administrative History of India (Vols. I, II, III) - B.N. Puri
Planning Commission - H.K.
Administrative Thinkers - D. Ravindra Prasad, V.S. Prasad and P.Satyanarayan.
District Administration in
India - S.S. Khera
Book list from Source-2
1. Introduction to the Study of Public
Administration —L.D. White
2. Public Administration —A.R. Tyagi
Administration in Theory and Practice
—M.P. Sharma & B.L. Sadana
4. Administrative Thinkers
—Prasad & Prasad
5. Public Administration —Avasthi & Maheshwari
6. Public Administration
1. Financial Administration : Financial Administration in India
— M.J.K. Thavaraj
Comparative Administration : Public Administration : A Comparative Perspective (Topic No. 5 & 6) —Ferrel
3. Administrative Behaviour : Administrative Behaviour (In press)
—Rajiv Ranjan Singh
4. Indian Administration —Avasthi & Avasthi
5. Constitution of
India —D.D. Basu.
Relevant Topics : 1. Union Executive 2. State Executive 3. Centre-State Relations
4. Public Services & Public Service Commission 5. Rights & Liabilities of Civil Servants.
1. Introduction to the study
of Public Administration —L.D. White
2. Public Administration —Mohit Bhattacharya
Administrative Thinkers —Prasad & Prasad
4. Public Administration —A.R.
5. Public Administration —C.P. Bhambri
1. Basic premises : Modern Public Administration
—Nigro & Nigro
2. Vaid’s Fundamentals of Public Admninistrative Series (Ashtam Prakashan)
of Organisation and Comparative
(ii) Administrative Behaviour
Personnel Administration : Public Personnel Administration
—O. Glenn. Stahl
4. Administrative Law : Administrative
Law —M.P. Jain
5. Comparative and Development Administration :
Comparative Public Administration
6. Public Policy : Public Policy —R.K. Sapru
1. Constitution of India —D.D. Basu
2. Indian Administration
—Avasthi & Avasthi
3. Administrative Reform Commission (ARC) Report on
(a)Machinery of Planning
4. Public Administration
5. Issues in Indian Administration —R.B. Jain
6. Special volumes of Indian
Journal of Public Administration
1. Evolution of Indian Administration : NCERT Books (Class XI & XII) on Indian History
: Administrative portion.
2. Centre-State Relations : A brief reference to Sarkaria Commission Report.
3. Public Undertakings
: Principles and Practices of Public Enterprise Management—Laxmi Narayan
4. Control of Public Expenditure : Financial
Administration in India—M.J.K. Thavaraj
5. State Administration : State Administration—J.D. Shukla
Administration : District Administration—S.S. Khera
7. Local Administration : Local Government in India—S.R.
8. Administration for Welfare : Social Welfare Administration—D. Paul Choudhary
Annual Report of Department
of Justice & Empowerment